Sunday, November 6, 2011

Insecurities

I have my reasons for being insecure. I don't like bragging or boasting about stuff. I like being modest because it keeps me grounded and humble. I think it's time for me to nip my insecurities in the butt and just forget about about what people think of me. When my ex broke up with me and told me he wanted to be just friends, that seriously broke my heart. The fact that he found someone else on Match.com a few months after we had broken up, just made me feel insecure even more. I've kept everything bottled up inside for so long. I can't verbally express to my friends or family how I feel. The words just don't come out right. I would stutter and tear up every time. The relationship with my ex and I was a good 5 years. We hardly ever fought about anything in our relationship.  Perhaps he thought that our relationship was just plain boring and mundane for him. We were together through our early twenties, and the only explanation that I could see why he would want to end it was b/c his feelings had changed. I guess people do change. Some change for the worse and some change for the better. I want to be a better person. I don't want to be boring anymore. I want to change myself to be a more courageous and adventurous person. I was never a person to really take chances.  But now, after exploring stuff on these deal websites, I feel like I am trying new things and enjoying it. Deep down inside, I am a stay-at-home gal who likes to watch movies and such, but I am always willing to just explore the world around me as well.  As time will pass, hopefully my insecurities would dissipate as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment