Friday, October 28, 2011

Given Up?

My coworkers keep telling me: "You'll meet the right guy when you least expect it."

Well, I'm not expecting anything anymore. Perhaps I've given up. I'm generally an optimistic person, but in terms of "finding the one," I think I'm not cut out for that. I'm not looking for anyone in particular. I'm not a picky person. I just think if a person clicks with ya, then that's a good thing and it's worth pursuing. I don't even care to go on dating sights or pursuits b/c I feel like I have to compete with so many people. I don't really care for playing mind games or anything like that. I saw a groupon today for some kind matchmaking thingy thing for $230!! "holy crapoli" I thought. If it were that simple...to have someone help make a match for you...and determine your compatibility with another person. Hrrrrmmmm, is that worth considering???

I think a lot of people fear commitment and prefer to date around a lot.  I'm quite the opposite:  I fear dating around a lot and would rather commit to someone wholeheartedly.

I really hate it when the love is one-sided. When you see that one person is making an effort to reach out to another person while the other person does not care for him/her. I could relate to the character, Steve Urkel, from the TV show, Family Matters, in this aspect.

This is why I have given up. I have given up on being like Steve Urkel...I have given up on thinking that there'd be someone out there for me. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment