Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Race to the Finish?

Went to see some races at the Speedway at Irwindale today. Interesting for a first-timer like me. A friend that I went with said that if you've seen one, you've seen them all. The cars just race around over and over in several laps around the same circle (loop). I guess life can be compared to one big giant race track. We're all racing in one big circle. Does it really matter who gets to the finish line first? We're all gonna be running around in circles anyhow. I think I am through with racing with my life...rushing through things like there's no tomorrow. I'm gonna take life as it comes. My dad told me today to enjoy life while I can, since I may never know what's gonna happen tomorrow. Hearing him say that makes me feel a bit sad, b/c I know that he speaks volumes of truth. I see the motif of my life...and it hits so many basic themes. I feel like my life is full of many cliches. Sometimes those cliches are trite and true. I know for certain that it's important to enjoy the simple things in life and "make every moment count"!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment