Today was a grey day I must say! There was overcast outside and it was slightly drizzling as I headed off for my morning commute to work. I restarted listening to my Jay Chou songs today while I was driving (after several months of not listening to his songs). His songs are so sad. It fits the weather so perfectly. Makes me feel so sad. I don't know why I like listening to his songs, even though they are so depressing. Most of his songs are about unrequited love...a love that could never be. I guess his songs are filled with so much emotion that it makes me want to listen to it, no matter how sad they are. Sometimes it takes a sad song to make us feel alive inside. Certain words are hard to express. Although I don't understand mandarin, I know his songs ares sad b/c of the melody. One of his songs, entitled "我不配 ," is kinda sad. Although the melody doesn't depict it as being a sad song, the MV shows how sad the main characters are. It's a true story that depicts Jay's love life with a girl who was just ordinary, and he on the other hand, was too famous. Fame and fortune does have a price to pay. He couldn't even enjoy the simple moments of being with the girl that he loves, b/c the paparrazi keeps hounding him. "我不配" means "I'm Not Worthy." It seems like Jay was trying to say that he is not worthy enough to be with her. Sad. I don't know why certain scenarios for certain people have to keep people apart. The different life styles that they live, should not have to keep them apart. Blah!!!...who am I to say so? Does society pressure people into choosing who they "ought to" be with?
| |
No comments:
Post a Comment